Spot Solution for Acne-Prone Skin
Targets blemishes and helps reduce future breakouts by gently exfoliating the skin.
- Botanically-based formula contains 2% salicylic acid.
- Absorbs quickly.
- Leaves no residue.
- Suitable for all skin types.
This formula targets blemishes and helps reduce future breakouts by gently exfoliating the skin. This highly effective cream absorbs quickly and leaves no residue.
- After using the Clarifying Cleanser, apply a thin layer of Pore-Purifying Serum over clean face and neck. Avoid eye area. Can be used morning and night.
- Follow with Spot Solution where needed.
How It Works
Mary Kay® Acne System is a multi-faceted approach for the multiple causes of acne.
Acne can happen to anyone, at any time. Formulated with salicylic acid, the Mary Kay® Acne System helps eliminate and helps prevent acne breakouts. Here's how it works:
- It keeps pores from becoming blocked.
As oil is produced it travels up and out through the pores to lubricate the skin. But in acne-prone skin, dead skin cells that would normally slough away collect in pores, trapping oil inside. Salicylic acid removes dead skin cells from the pores, and helps speed cell turnover on the surface of the skin.
- It helps reduce excess oil.
Oil, or sebum, is produced in the sebaceous glands, which lie just under the skin's surface. While a certain amount of oil is needed to soften skin and maintain its protective barrier, excess oil and environmental impurities can clog pores. The Mary Kay® Acne System is formulated to help control excess oil and reduce visible
- It lessens irritation associated with blemishes.
As acne blemishes develop, irritation occurs as the skin attempts to heal itself, and this irritation can be intensified by the release of proteins and peptides that signal immune cell to travel to the site of the infection. The Mary Kay Acne System is formulated to help prevent skin irritation associated with blemishes.